Friday, November 15, 2013

Greetings from a little penguin!

Made with five different grains and delicious ripe bananas, these muffins will give your breakfast the fiber kick that it needs. Putting bananas into basically anything turns out spectacular, so these muffins are a definite hit. Healthy, delicious, and easy. You get the best of everything.
 

Multigrain Banana Muffins
makes 12 medium muffins
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup oat flour
¼ cup oatmeal
¼ cup wheat germ
¼ cup rye flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp milk
2 ripe bananas
3 tbsp oil
2 eggs
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
½ cup sugar

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Blend the milk, eggs, oil, vinegar, and bananas together. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until everything is well mixed. Scoop out the batter 3 tablespoons at a time into an oiled muffin tin. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

DSC_0119[1]
 
The weather is getting rather chilly, and my roommate finally let us turn on the heat today. (Before I could basically see my breath in my room.) This little guy would love it (I'm referring to the penguin on the card.), but this girl does not. One benefit is that it is almost Christmas! I went to a vocal recital tonight, and they sang a few Christmas songs. I cannot wait! I have yet to decide if this card will become a Christmas card, or just be a winter greeting. We will just see how it needs to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment