Monday, November 25, 2013

Gobble Gobble

Only three more days until Thanksgiving, and I have everything all planned out. This year I am cooking, so lets cross our fingers and hope it turns out alright. I will be making two types of biscuits/ rolls this year. (I am going all out for my family of six.) Here is a quick recipe for delicious whole wheat yeast rolls.
whole wheat yeast rolls (5)
 
 
Whole Wheat Yeast Rolls
makes 10 rolls
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 egg
½ cup scalded milk (110 degrees)
2 tbsp warm water (110 degrees)
4 tsp yeast
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp honey
 
Mix together the water, milk, yeast, and honey. Add in 1 cup of flour, and allow it to sit for five minutes. Slowly stir in the remaining flour, salt, and egg. Knead for 7 minutes, and then cover and put in a warm place to rise for one hour. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and divide it into 10 balls. Place each dough ball in the hole of a nonstick muffin tin. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake the rolls for 20 minutes.
 
DSC_0006[1]
Here is a little hat that Harp and I knitted for baby Carson. She has gotten good on the knitting loom, and did a good bit of this by herself. We set up a system with me wrapping the yarn around the pegs and her pulling the bottom loop over the top. Hopefully it will keep Carson's head nice and warm this winter.
 
Lastly, I have been making dinner for my family as well. Tonight was breakfast for dinner, so I made pancakes, bacon, and hash browns. I thought it would be fun to make a turkey pancake. All you have to do is make your favorite pancake batter. Scoop out 3 tablespoons of batter onto the pancake pan. Cook both sides until lightly browned. This is your body. Do the same with a 2 tablespoon scoop of batter. Use chocolate chips for the eyes, a red M&M for the gobbler, an orange or yellow M&M for the nose, bacon halves for the feathers, and pretzel rods for the legs. Harper loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment