Friday, November 1, 2013

Chicken, Provolone, and Broccoli Egg Bake

I go through a lot of eggs here at college. I never really noticed how many eggs I ate a week until I had to start paying for them myself and somehow get them home from the store on my bike without breaking any of them. It is quite a feat, I tell you. Anyway, I am telling you all this because today's recipe is egg based.
Chicken, Provolone, and Broccoli Egg Bake
 
This is kind of like a frittata, but not completely. I did not want to offend anyone by flat out saying it was a frittata, so we are going to stick with 'egg bake'. I hope that is alright with everyone.

Chicken, Provolone, and Broccoli Egg Bake (2)
 
 
Any way you slice it, it's delicious. It looks to me like an egg pizza!
 
Chicken, Provolone, and Broccoli Egg Bake (3)
 
 
 
 
Chicken, Provolone, and Broccoli Egg Bake
serves 3-4
3 eggs
1/3 cup milk
¾ cup shredded provolone cheese
1 chicken breast, cubed
1 cup broccoli, chopped
½ an onion, chopped
3 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 tsp Italian seasonings
¼ tsp salt
oil, as needed

Preheat a pan to medium heat with 1 teaspoon of oil on the bottom. Cook the chicken until browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and chop it up. Meanwhile, sauté the onions and broccoli. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings. Add in the cheese, vegetables, and chicken. Pour the mixture into an oiled 8” nonstick pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment