Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Can you keep a secret?

My family left for China today to go pick up our newest addition. Little baby Carson will be coming home in two weeks, just in time for me to see her for Thanksgiving. We will truly have something to be very thankful for this Thanksgiving. Our family will be complete. (Unless God has other plans.) I am a little upset that I was unable to go to China with my family this time. It is going to be a hard couple of weeks. Being an adult is not all that fun at all. :(

Anyway, I have been waiting for them to leave to share this post. It has to do with one of Syd's presents, and I did not want her to see it on Pinterest or anything. Now that she is overseas, I don't have to worry about it. As I have mentioned before, Syd collects snowman ornaments. I painted this one at a pottery place with my roommate.

DSC_0086[1]
This porridge is very Christmas themed with the red cranberries and green pepitas. It also is a great fall recipe because of the fall themed ingredients. I am already in the Christmas mentality, but those of you who like to ease into the season, you can enjoy this breakfast with the peace of mind that it is totally fall.

DSC_0039[1]
 
Pepita and Cranberry Scottish Oats
serves 4
1 cup Scottish oats
3 cups water
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)

Bring the water to a boil in a small pot. Stir in the oats, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed. Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the pepitas, cinnamon, cranberries, and maple syrup (if using). Divide between four bowls and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment