Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Early Bird Catches the Worm

I know getting ready for Christmas before Thanksgiving is a big no no. Doing it before Halloween is an even greater social disgrace. That being said, stores put out their holiday stuff earlier and earlier each year. I think that is perfect justification for me making Christmas cards so early on. If you're not okay with it, come back next month and check out this card. I am in the Christmas spirit already. :)


024
 

It has been a while since I finished the parade of pancakes, so I was ready to pull my pancake gear back out and get cracking on a new flapjack recipe. This one has a healthy oat and bran pancake base that would have been good enough by itself. I just could not stop there, though. They were calling to be drenched in a creamy peanut butter sauce. If these don't get you up out of bed for breakfast, I don't know what will.
Oatmeal and Bran Pancakes with Peanut Butter Sauce (1)
Oatmeal and Bran Pancakes with Peanut Butter Sauce
makes 10-12 pancakes
 
For the pancakes:
½ cup wheat bran
¼ cup flour
¾ cup oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp oil
1 ½ cup milk
1 egg
¼ cup applesauce
 
For the sauce:
¼ cup peanut flour
1 tbsp sugar
¼ cup milk
 
Mix all the dry ingredients together. Whisk in the wet ingredients until everything is well incorporated. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium heat, and pour a few tablespoons of batter onto it at a time. Flip once the top begins to bubble and look dry. Cook both sides until golden brown. Whisk the peanut sauce ingredients together, and serve the pancakes topped with the sauce and extra cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment