Thursday, October 17, 2013

Savory Muffins

I made these muffins tonight as a snack, fell in love, and just had to share them. I usually stick to sweet fruity muffins, but the cheese and herb variation made me question my usual habits. I hope you like them as much as I did.

DSC_0171[1]

Savory Herbed Cheese Muffins
1.5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp salt
 1 tsp herbs de Provence
2 ounces cream cheese
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 tbsp. oil
.5 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
.25 cup shredded parmesan cheese
.25 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and oil a 12 hole muffin pan. Mix together the milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside. Meanwhile, combine the baking powder, flour, salt, and herbs. Melt the cream cheese slightly, and whisk it into the milk along with the oil and eggs. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing in the cheese. Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins sit for five minutes before removing to cooling racks to cool completely.
DSC_0146[1]
Halloween is just around the corner, and although I do not really like the holiday, it is still fun to create candy themed cards. Here is a mini candy corn card I made the other day for some of the kids I babysat. Have a nice night. I am off to do some muffin dishes and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment