Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Raspberry Oatbran Muffins

Since coming to college, I have been making a lot of muffins. They do not require my high powered blender that I could not bring, they are delicious, and a muffin pan is one of the only types of pans that I was able to bring. And who doesn't love muffins? I think I will probably try out every type of muffin there is on the face of this earth before I graduate. Feel free to join me on my muffin exploration.
raspberry oat bran muffin (2)
 
Raspberry Oatbran Muffins
based off this recipe from Peas and Thank You
makes 12
2/3 cup oat bran
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
½ cup applesauce
½ cup milk
¼ cup orange juice
¾ cup raspberries

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and oil a regular 12 holed muffin pan. Mix together all of the dry ingredients. Add in the egg, oil, applesauce, milk, and juice. Finally, stir in the lemon juice. Divide the batter between 12 muffin holes. Press the raspberries into the batter. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffins to sit for five minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment