Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Orange Chocolate Oatmeal

I had my last day of classes today before hitting the road with my roommate. We got to her house this evening where we had a lovely dinner and night with her family. It is nice to get off campus and have a home cooked meal. Anyway, I have openly shared my love of oatmeal with my host family. Here is a recipe that I would not recommend to novice oatmeal eaters, but the flavor is delicious for those of us who are already oatmeal fans. It beats those chocolate covered orange peels by far, and is a great breakfast idea.

10-9




Orange- Chocolate Oatmeal
3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ cup yogurt
¾ cup oatmeal
1 cup water
¼ cup orange juice

Bring the liquids to a boil. Stir in the oats, cocoa powder, and yogurt. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until your desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment