Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall Memories

While browsing through a Stampin' Up magazine, I saw this adorable stamp with two children playing in a wagon. It reminded me of cool fall days when Sydney and I would spend hours outside playing in the leaves, pulling each other in our little red wagon, or running through the woods. That's how life should be when you are a kid, and those days are some of my most valued memories. All this being said, I knew I had to copy the stamp and create a card with it. Here is my result:

013
 
Today's recipe is for a quick and easy couscous fruit salad of sorts. You can make the couscous the night before, and throw some fruit and the toasted almonds in the next morning for a light, but satisfying breakfast. Switching up the fruit gives tons of variety and options. Any way you make it, it's guaranteed to be a success.

almond couscous with fruit (1)

Almond Couscous with Fruit
1/3 cup dry couscous
½ cup almond milk
3 tbsp whole almonds
½ cup fruit (I used strawberries, mango, and pineapple.)

Bring the almond milk to a boil in a small pot. Stir in the couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let it sit for five minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork, transfer it to a bowl, and store it in the fridge until cooled. Meanwhile, toast the almonds over medium heat until aromatic. (Make sure you watch them so they don’t burn.) Cut up the fruit into bite sized pieces. Throw it all together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment