Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cookies Made out of Chickpeas?

Sorry, but tonight is another quick, cardless post. I just got off from a 5 1/2 hour shift, and I have homework to do. Tomorrow is the last day before fall break, and I am going home with my roommate to Nashville. I am excited, but I don't know when the next time I can post will be. I will try to do it while I'm at her house, but there are no promises. Anyway, here is a scrumptious recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies made out of chickpeas. Like my chocolate chick cookies, they are the perfect snack or end of the day treat. I like to make up a whole batch or two and freeze them for whenever I want a cookie throughout the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately I am out right now, but they sound like a good idea to make for my next night shift.... Enjoy!

oatmeal raisin chickpea cookie
 
Chickpea Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
makes 2 dozen
½ cup flour
2 cups oatmeal
1- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ cup applesauce
2 tbsp oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup raisins

Blend one cup of the oatmeal into a flour. Add the chickpeas and blend until they form a paste. Add the eggs, baking powder, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flour, oil, sugar, and applesauce to the blender. Blend until everything is well incorporated. Stir in the additional 1 cup of oatmeal and the raisins. Scoop out tablespoonfuls of the dough onto a oiled or nonstick cookie sheet. Press the balls flat with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment