Thursday, October 24, 2013

Almond Butter Cookies

I splurged on some almond butter the other day because I had never tried it before, and wanted to see if it tasted like peanut butter. Man, was that a bad idea. It was love at first spoonful. If you know me, you know I am a die-hard peanut butter loving fool. I don't like peanuts, but I can't live a day without peanut butter. Well, that was before I met almond butter. Made out of my favorite nut (along with pistachios), almond butter is creamy, nutty, and simply divine. The container of it in my fridge was calling to be made into cookies, and this recipe is what I came up with. Seriously, these are some of the richest and most delicious cookies you will ever taste. Don't take my word for it, though You have to try them yourselves. (And I have to go buy myself some more almond butter.)
almond butter cookies (4)
 
Almond Butter Cookies
makes about 20 cookies
2 cups quick oats
½ cup toasted almonds
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup almond butter
1 egg white
1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp almond milk

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Finely chop the toasted almonds. Blend 1 cup of the oats into a flour, and mix this together with the cinnamon, sugar, baking soda, almonds, and salt. Combine all of the wet ingredients excluding the egg white. It will be easier to mix everything together if you melt the almond butter, coconut oil, and honey in the microwave first, but this is not necessary. Stir in the egg white last of all, and combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix well. Roll about 2 tablespoons of the dough at a time into balls, and flatten them out with the back of a fork. Line the cookies up on an oiled baking pan about ½” apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Once the cookies are out of the oven, allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment