Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Turtley Awesome!

Summer soon will be over, but I am trying to hold on to the last of it as long as I can. One of my favorite things about summer is the availability of delicious, freshly picked fruits. I'm down with eating fruits any time of day, but breakfast is my favorite. A nice fruit smoothie always perks me up in the morning, and this wrap has the perfect amount of fruity crunch and creamy peanut butter in it to keep you going all day long. (Plus it's way cheaper than a trip to Starbuck's or Dunkin Donuts. Healthier too.)

PS- The "surprise in the strawberry-orange juice surprise smoothie will give you an added boost of needed vitamins, but you'd never guess it was in there.


strawberry oj surprise smoothie
 
Strawberry OJ Surprise Smoothie
1 cup orange juice
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 stalks celery
Wash the celery, and cut it up into smaller pieces. Throw everything into the blender and blend until completely smooth. Enjoy!
 
 
fruit and nut breakfast wrap (1)
 
Fruit and Nut Breakfast Wrap
1 flour tortilla
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 banana
2-3 apple slices
dash of cinnamon
Spread the peanut butter onto the tortilla. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, place the banana and apple slices in the center, and roll it up. Enjoy your inexpensive breakfast on the go.
 
DSC_1045
 
I printed off the pattern for this card off of the PaperCrafts website after seeing it in their magazine. It was just too cute to pass up, and I have been using the template to make all sorts of turtle themed cards. This one is just the simple turtle. He opens up from the right hand side to let you write a turtley awesome note. (No pun intended.... I know I'm lame. Just laugh, you know you want to.)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment