Monday, September 30, 2013

That Asian Flare :)

Family weekend is over. My parents and Harper made it safely home late last night. Classes started back again like normal today. (A three hour night class given me reason to dread Mondays.) Life goes on. I treasured every minute I got to spend with little princess Harper. She is getting so big! Her #1 request was that we do arts and crafts, so early Saturday morning we got to work.

DSC_0067[1]
 
In whispers (my roommates were asleep) we exclaimed at each others beautiful cards and caught up on six weeks worth of crafting. Here is the card Harper made. She put so much work into it. Both sides reflect each other. She said this would surprise whoever she gave it to. I was surprised myself at how good she has gotten at gluing, cutting, stamping, tracing, and punching. She is the craftiest 6 year old I know.

DSC_0068[1]
 
Here is a recipe that I absolutely love for a quick Asian flared stir fried noodle bowl. I love how Asian dishes can incorporate so many vegetables. They give a dish a color and character. Who knew veggies could be beautiful?

Single Serving Stir Fried Noodles (2)
 
 
Single Serving Stir Fried Noodles
2 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
1/3 cup frozen and shelled edamame
¼ cup chopped frozen broccoli
2 tbsp chopped onion
3 tbsp shredded carrot
1-2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oil
dash of garlic powder
dash of cayenne pepper powder (optional)

Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package and allow it to reach room temperature. Heat the oil over medium heat in a medium sized pan. Add the vegetables and cook until lightly browned, stirring every so often. Finally, toss in the pasta, soy sauce, and seasonings. Cook for another minute or so, stirring so the soy sauce does not burn. Add more soy sauce to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment