Sunday, September 15, 2013

Slow Cooker Sunday #5

I cannot believe I have been at college for five Sundays. Then again, I cannot believe it has only been five Sundays. Every week seems so long and so short at the same time. I wonder if the fact that I'm actually in college will hit me by the time I graduate.

Today's slow cooker recipe is for chicken and millet. It's so nice not to have to keep your eye out on a pot of millet boiling on the stove or worry about over cooking your chicken. The slow cooker takes care of all of it for you. All you have to do is make the effort to throw it all in.


Slow Cooker Chicken and Millet (2)

 
Slow Cooker Chicken and Millet
serves 1
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup dried millet
1 chicken breast (about 5-7 ounces)
3 cloves of garlic
¼ cup sliced onions
salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all the ingredients into a small crockpot and cook on the low temperature setting for 4-5 hours. Check the chicken with a thermometer to make sure it is 165 degrees. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy.

 
DSC_0069[1]

 
I made this card for my friend who is away at boot camp right now. I was happy to find the blue paper with white stars and the red and white paper. Hopefully it will brighten his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment