Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Quinoa Muffins

My mom sent me a box of delicious quinoa, and I planned out tons of recipes I wanted to make out of it. Cooking quinoa only takes about 20 minutes, but I like to make a big batch and divide it out between a few different recipes. Over the next couple of days I will share some of them with you. First I have delicious quinoa muffins. They are moist, slightly chewy, and quite good.

quinoa applesauce muffins (3)
 
Quinoa Applesauce Muffins
makes 12 muffins
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp applesauce
2 tbsp oil
1/3 cup milk
1 egg

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Oil a 12 hole muffin pan. Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and salt together. Add in the quinoa, applesauce, milk, oil, and the egg. Stir until everything is well incorporated. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin holes. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove to cool on cooling racks.

010
 
Here is another fall card. This one is stamped with a leaf, and the bottom is cut out with a border punch. It will make a great little note to stick on someone's desk to brighten their day. (The bad thing about college is the lack of lockers. There is no good place to hide notes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment