Thursday, September 5, 2013

National Cheese Pizza Day

Today is none other than National Cheese Pizza Day. As an American, I was introduced to cheese pizza at a very young age, and have loved it ever since. Some of my favorite memories are my mom rolling out pizza dough and me and Sydney going crazy with the cheese. Unfortunately because of my tomato allergy, I cannot eat regular pizzas from the thousands of pizza joints there are across America. (Although, I did order a white pizza once.) Everyone has their favorite. I actually know families who fight over which pizza place they order from on Friday nights because no one can agree on which is the best.

All of that being said, homemade pizza should always win out. I have tons of pizza recipes on this blog, and today I am sharing a unique one. It is a cheese pizza unlike any you have ever had. The crust is made out of cooled grits, and smashed avocado replaces the tomato sauce. So have at it, and enjoy your family pizza night.
 

avocado grits pizza

 
Avocado Grits Pizza
¼ c. quick grits
¾ c. water
2 tbsp smashed avocado
½ c. Monterey jack cheese
dash of garlic powder
dash of cayenne pepper powder
dash of onion powder
pinch of salt

Microwave salt, water, and grits 2 min. Spread out onto a pan and let cool. Once cooled, spread on avocado. Top with cheese and seasonings. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.

DSC_1072
Here is another turtle card. I used the pattern from PaperCrafts that I mentioned in this post, but I did not make the actual turtle into the card. I used it as a cutout instead. He is holding a little card that says "thank you".

No comments:

Post a Comment