Friday, September 20, 2013

Blueberry Bonanza Breakfast

This post is all for Harper. That child east blueberries like none other, but she only likes one brand name of frozen ones. They are good. Even I like them, and I hate blueberries. Anyway, she can just eat a few bowlfuls of blueberries for breakfast and be satisfied, but I like to experiment with what I can use them in. Here is a super quick smoothie recipe and a super filling breakfast pizza recipe. Enjoy the blueberry bonanza!


Strawberry-Blueberry Celery Smoothie
Strawberry-Blueberry Celery Smoothie
½ cup milk
2/3 cup fresh blueberries
½ cup fresh strawberries
1 frozen banana
1 stalk celery

Blend together the milk and celery until there are no more chunks. Add the fruit. Blend until creamy and enjoy!

 

blueberry banana breakfast pizza (1)


Blueberry- Banana Breakfast Pizza
1 banana
¼ cup flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar
½ cup oatmeal
¼ cup milk
½ tsp cinnamon
2-3 tbsp fresh blueberries

Blend ¼ cup oatmeal into a flour. Combine the flour, oat flour, oatmeal, sugar, and cinnamon into a bowl. Blend 1/3 of the banana into a puree along with the vanilla and milk. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Spread the dough out onto a baking stone or parchment paper so that it is about ¼ inch thick. Slice the rest of the banana into thin slices. Press the banana slices and blueberries into the dough. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
 
blueberry banana breakfast pizza (3)
 
If Harp were here right now, she would be begging me for some blueberries. She'd probably pick them off the pizza and throw the crust and bananas away.

blueberry banana breakfast pizza (2)
Luckily I got to enjoy every last bite of it myself- down to the very last slice. Delish!
 
DSC_0001[1]
Harper and I might share a fetish for those blueberries, but we both also love to get mail. Here is the latest card I made for her. I cannot wait to see her next week when she and my mom come to visit. Six weeks without my little sis has been so hard! (I don't know how long it will be until I see Syd. She can't make it down next week because of soccer.)
 
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment