Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tomorrow is the big day!

We set out yesterday on the long car ride down to my college. I have enjoyed the 10 hours of being stuffed like a sardine in the van with my whole family and all my belongings. It was good quality bonding time, and went by pretty fast. My parents bought me a new bike when we got down here, I ate at my favorite restaurant (Jason's Deli), and we are now all cramming into a small hotel room. I love my family, and will miss them too much. I don't know when the next time I can post will be, but I will try to as soon as possible. I cannot wait to blog about college life.

Cinnamon- Almond Fruity Surprise Muffins (3)
Today's recipe is more like three recipes in one. These muffins are full of surprises just like starting a new phase in your life. It might be frightening at first (What if your muffin has strawberry filling? Will you still like it as much as the blueberry?), but you have to take the first bite to discover what it is about.

Cinnamon- Almond Fruity Surprise Muffins (9)
And, yes, I just related muffins to moving into college. It worked, didn't it?


Cinnamon- Almond Fruity Surprise Muffins
makes 8  muffins
1 cup oatmeal blended into a flour
½ cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp almond extract
2 bananas
½ cup milk
1 egg
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
fruits (I used strawberries, blueberries, and peaches.)
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the dry ingredients. Blend the egg, bananas, almond extract, and milk together. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet. Spray 8 of the cups in a large muffin tin with oil. Spoon 2 tbsp of the mixture into each cup. Bake for 2 minutes. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and make small indents into the batter in each cup. Put about 1 tbsp of fruit into each indent. Top it with enough batter to almost fill each muffin cup, making sure it gets around the sides of the fruit. Bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean out of the muffins. Enjoy the fruity surprise inside of each one.
 
 
Cinnamon- Almond Fruity Surprise Muffins (8)
Was it worth taking the risk and trying the muffin?
 
 
DSC_0055
And here is a doll skirt that I sewed. Random, but cute. It was a little too small for American Girl Dolls, but it would fit a slightly smaller and thinner doll perfectly. It was made out of a bandanna and some elastic from an old mattress cover. (Recycling old fabric is awesome!)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment