Saturday, August 17, 2013

Moving In!

Yesterday I officially moved into my dorm. It was a very exciting and emotional time. (Especially when I said goodbye to my family. They live ten hours away.) My two roommates and I spent quite some time setting up our rooms. One of my roommates is a great decorator. Her room looks amazing (mine is pretty bare), and she also did our bathroom. We were surprised to find out that our other roommate got engaged and dropped out. It is really nice to only have three of us to one bathroom.

DSC_1104[1]
 
Here is my room. We were able to fit all my stuff along with clothes for my family on the way down and back up in a mini van and still have room to fit. It was an amazing feat.
 
 
DSC_1105[1]

The rooms are a really nice size, and I got all my stuff to fit with room to spare. I even managed to pack enough crafting supplies to have me set until Christmas.

DSC_1103[1]
 
Here is our bathroom. We went with the purple and pink colors that my decorator roommate picked out. My awesome mom cleaned the nasty bathroom up for us to make it usable. She is amazing. Hopefully we can manage to keep it clean.
DSC_1106[1]
 
The living area is a nice size, and we have a couch, TV, coffee table, and chair.
 

DSC_1107[1]
The kitchen is very tiny, but I am lucky to have one. My college is the only one I saw with a kitchen actually in the dorms. It is very nice especially since the food is not that great.
 
I am excited to get to post all about college life. I look forward to sharing simple, single serving recipes on a budget along with some dorm life tips. Here is a super quick and easy single serving bread pudding recipe that only requires a mug and a microwave. It's perfect for your hectic college life.
applesauce bread pudding
 
 
Applesauce Bread Pudding for One
2 slices cubed sandwich bread
1 egg
½ cup applesauce
 
Whisk together the egg and applesauce. Stir in the bread so that it is evenly coated with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning microwave it on high for 2 ½ minutes.
 
We have been kept pretty busy, and have a packed schedule for the next few days. I hope that I can post again soon. Until then have a great weekend!
 
Chandler
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment