Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hummus Wraps!

My mom is a hummus fanatic, but I never really got into it. Something about the taste just wasn't right. Then I tried roasted red pepper hummus at my favorite restaurant, Jason's Deli. I fell in love. No wonder it was one of the first things on my college shopping list. I got a big container for only $2. I'll be in hummus heaven for the next couple of days.


DSC_1115[1]

Tonight's dinner was a veggie hummus wrap. I layered on the hummus, piled on the cheese, and stuck some carrots and lettuce in for a crunch factor. This cheap meal was delicious. I whipped it up after my class got out at 7pm, and I had dinner by 7:10.
Veggie Hummus Wraps
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 whole wheat tortilla
1 carrot
3 tbsp roasted red pepper hummus
handful of lettuce

Peel and slice your carrot. Spread the hummus onto the tortilla. Sprinkle on the cheese and top with the carrot slices and lettuce. Roll up and enjoy.
DSC_1096[1]

This is the card that I made for my mom. It is a swinging card. You pull the two sides, and the middle portion swings in to reveal a place to write your message on the back.
 

DSC_1097[1]
The picture is from when we were in Europe. (Switzerland to be exact.) I miss those days, and I really miss my momma. (No wonder she has been popping up in my blog so much lately.) I can't wait to see her again and introduce her to roasted red pepper hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment