Friday, July 26, 2013

No Machine Required

I have wanted to make homemade icecream/ frozen yogurt for a long time. The problem is that I do not have an ice cream maker, so it never turns out quite right. I had an idea today to try freezing Greek yogurt in ice trays and then blending it to make "ice cream". I could not find any ice trays, so I had to use a mini muffin pan. The results were still good. When blended, it actually looked like ice cream. My sisters even commented on how they would not be able to tell the difference. I guess I don't need an ice cream maker after all.

Below are the yogurt cubes before I blended them. I ate a few just like this, and they were delicious too.
Frozen Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup banana puree
3 tbsp sugar

Mix together the yogurt, vanilla, sugar, and banana puree. Pour the mixture into ice trays or a mini muffin pan. Freeze for 3 hours. Remove the frozen yogurt cubes from the trays and allow them to thaw for a few minutes. Blend until creamy. Scoop out and enjoy!

The vanilla frozen yogurt was good, but the chocolate was even better. And don't worry, you can barely taste the banana at all. I could eat this stuff all day.

DSC_0899[1]

Frozen Chocolate Greek Yogurt
1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup banana puree
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp milk

Mix together the yogurt, vanilla, sugar, cocoa powder, and banana puree. Pour the mixture into ice trays or a mini muffin pan. Freeze for 3 hours. Remove the frozen yogurt cubes from the trays and allow them to thaw for a few minutes. Blend them together with the milk and enjoy!
DSC_0902[1]

My mom needed a thank you card, so I decided to recreate the pinwheel card I made earlier. It is practically the same card, only with different colors. It reminded me how much I love the simplicity and style of pinwheel cards. They make great cards in a hurry.
DSC_0903[1]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment