Thursday, June 13, 2013

National Sewing Machine Day


Today is National Sewing Machine Day! Who ever new there was such a grand day? I have been super busy on my sewing machine, making all sorts of clothes for American Girl Dolls. (My sister and four of the little girls I babysit for like to play with them.)
 
DSC_0045[1]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my latest creation. I used this pattern to make the PJs. There is a set of slippers, shirt, and pants.
 
DSC_0048[1]














The slippers are so cute and easy to make. I had never sewn shoes before, and was pleased with the results.

DSC_0049[1]













The pants and shirt were pretty simple too, and turned out to fit exactly. I did not put the elastic in the pants because they were already pretty tight, and stay up by themselves. I hope they will withstand the years of play ahead of them.


DSC_0050[1]









 
 
 
 
 
 
These crepes/ giant pancakes may look and sound weird, but they are a great dinner side dish. They are also quick and easy to make so you can get back to sewing!
Terragon Millet crepe
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chive and Tarragon Millet Crepe
makes 1 large or 2 small crepes
¼   tsp dried chives
¼ tsp dried tarragon
½ cup millet
¼ cup flour
1 cup water
2 tsp vinegar
¾ tsp baking soda

 Blend all the ingredients together. Preheat a large pancake pan to medium heat. Pour the batter onto the pan. Cook both sides until lightly browned.





No comments:

Post a Comment