Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chocolate Coffee Pancakes

This thank you card is oddly shaped, and both sides fold open to reveal the message. I was just experimenting with folding paper to create new designs, and this is what came out of it.
 
016
I made these pancakes back when my grandparents were staying with us for my graduation ceremony. No one in my family drinks coffee, but we have a coffee maker for the once every five year that my grandparents visit. I took the opportunity to make coffee pancakes since I knew we probably would never have coffee in the house again until I am in my twenties. I usually don't like the taste of coffee, but these pancakes were really good. I was buzzing with caffeine for days.
 
Chocolate Coffee Oatcakes (3)
Chocolate Coffee Oatcakes
makes 10-12
¾ cup oatflour
1 egg
¾ cup milk
1 tbsp ground coffee
1 tbsp oil
1 banana
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
 
Blend all the ingredients together. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium low heat. Scoop out a few tbsp of the batter onto the pan and cook until the top starts to bubble and the bottom is dry. Flip and cook the other side until lightly browned.
 
 
 
choc banana coconut spread
Chocolate Banana Coconut Spread
1 can coconut cream
2 bananas
¼ cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp sugar (less if the coconut cream is already sweetened)
 
Blend all the ingredients together. Store in the fridge if you do not eat it all immediately.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment