Monday, June 10, 2013

Chocolate Cherry Almond Pancakes

Consider yourself very lucky. I am posting two chocolate pancake recipes in a row. This one is extra special because it combines cherries and almonds.
chocolate cherry almond pancakes (4)
I have always been quite the cherry eater. I don't like the maraschino kind (which is ironic because my mom craved them when she was pregnant with me), but fresh cherries are to die for. I once got myself into trouble eating too many cherries at my Aunt Lisa's wedding. Let's just say cherries are a lot better going down than coming up.... So let's get on to the recipe.
chocolate cherry almond pancakes (2)


Chocolate Cherry Almond Pancakes
serves 2
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup flour
½ cup pitted cherries
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp almond extract
1 egg
¾ cup milk
dash of salt
almonds and cherries to top

Blend the cherries into a puree. Whisk all the ingredients together until everything is well incorporated. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium low heat. Scoop out a few tbsp of the batter onto the pan and cook until the top starts to bubble and the bottom is dry. Flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. Top with additional cherries and almonds.
 
chocolate cherry almond pancakes
Here is what happens when you press some cherries into the batter after you scoop it out onto the pan. Every bite gives you a burst of fresh cherry deliciousness.

045
I must really be in to the double opening cards lately. I have made a lot of them. Here is one that utilizes three different stamps, giving you a new surprise every time you lift a flap.
046
I love the pink and brown combo. I was lucky to find ribbon, patterned paper, and cardstock that all matched to put it together.
047
And, yes, this was yet another thank you card.

No comments:

Post a Comment