Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cascade Cards

I have a new obsession: cascade cards. They are so fun and versatile. I have made them into anything from birthday to Christmas to missing you cards. Here is a step to step tutorial on how to make them.

DSC_0198[1]

 
1.Start out with your standard 8.5X11 piece of cardstock paper.
DSC_0210

 
2. Cut it in half hamburger style.
DSC_0211

 

3. I am going to use two separate colors of paper to make the next few steps easier. Mark your "green" piece halfway up on the right hand side and the "red" piece halfway up on the left side.
DSC_0212

4. Use a ruler to trace a line from the mark on your green paper to the bottom left corner. Do the same with the red, but trace it to the bottom right corner.
DSC_0213

 
5. Cut along the lines.
DSC_0214

 
6. Fold each piece in half.
DSC_0215

7.Mark the halfway points between each of the new sides. (At the 1/4 and 3/4 points of each piece.)
DSC_0216
8.At each of the points you just made, measure up halfway up the height of the card and make a point.
DSC_0217
 
9. Cut up to the dots on the red piece from the bottom. Cut down to the dots on the green piece from the top.

10.Fit your card together and decorate!
DSC_0219

 
Here is a music themed cascade card. The way you decorate them is purely up to you. I like to jazz them up with some patterned paper and stickers.
DSC_0220[1]
 
Now let's get on to today's pancake recipe. I have been putting this flavor combination off for a while. I was scared to try it since I'm not a fan of lemon flavored things or poppy seeds. (I thought it was a given that lemon poppy seed pancakes would just not be my thing.) I was proven wrong last night when I whipped these up, using fresh lemon juice squeezed right from the lemon. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
 
DSC_0200[1]
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
makes 10 pancakes
1 cup flour
1 tbsp poppy seeds
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
½ cup milk
2 eggs
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp baking powder
dash of salt

Whisk all the ingredients together. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium heat. Scoop out a few tablespoons of the batter at a time onto the pan. Flip the pancake over when the top starts to bubble and look dried out. Remove the pancakes from the heat once they are done.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment