DSC_0007[1]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My mom bought some nectarines the other day, and I thought they would go great in a baked pancake. You know, the "German" kind. (Dutch babies actually originated in the US, but they are based off the German pfannkuchen.) It turned out light, fluffy, and delicious. It was the perfect size to serve one. I will warn you that it did not puff up like the traditional Dutch Baby should. I don't know what happened. It still tasted great, though, so I wanted to share it. Maybe we should just call it a baked pancake.
nectarine dutch baby
Nectarine Dutch Baby
serves 1
¼ cup flour
½ an ripe nectarine
¼ cup milk
1 egg
dash of salt
dash of ground nutmeg
oil
Whisk the salt, nutmeg, egg, milk, and flour together. Spray down a small pan with oil, completely coating it. Pour the batter into the pan. Slice the nectarine into super small chunks and place them in the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.