Sunday, May 26, 2013

Zucchini Bonanza

Today it is everything zucchini bread. I have fallen in love with the stuff. Before a week or so ago, I thought I hated zucchini. I had only ever had it stir fried, and I did not like it that way at all. Since I am doing the Parade of Pancakes, I have been looking up unique pancake flavors. Zucchini bread was one of them, and I decided to give it a try. To my surprise, they were delicious. Now I can't get enough of it. Here are some of my recent zucchini concoctions, beginning with the delicious pancake recipe that I love so. 
zucchini bread pancakes (5)

Zucchini Bread Pancakes
makes 10 pancakes
¾ cup oatmeal blended into a flour
½ cup applesauce
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
¼ cup flour
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp canola oil
1 medium zucchini, grated
dash of salt

Whisk all the ingredients together. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium low heat. Scoop out a few tbsp of the batter onto the pan and cook until the top starts to bubble and the bottom is dry. Flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. Enjoy warm.
zucchini muffin (3)
 
Mini Zucchini Muffins
makes 24 mini muffins
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup flour
½ cup oatmeal
¾ cup applesauce
½ cup milk
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder

Mix together the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Combine them together and stir until well mixed. Divide the batter between 24 mini muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

zucchini muffin

I made all 24 of these muffins and froze a bunch of them. Now I can raid the freezer and have a yummy muffin whenever I want. You just have to microwave them for about 30 seconds, and they are ready to go. (Although nothing beats them fresh out of the oven.)
zucchini baked oatmeal (2)

Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
½ cup oatmeal
1/3 cup milk
¼ cup grated zucchini
2 tbsp applesauce
¼ tsp baking powder
pinch of salt

Mix all the ingredients together. Spray a small baking ramekin with oil and pour in the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


If the weather is actually warm where you live, you may not want to heat up your oven or stove to make the above recipes. (For better or worse, it has been in the 30s and 40s here, so I can cook all I want.) This overnight oatmeal recipe requires no cooking, and is easily whipped up for a quick breakfast.
overnight zucchini bread oats

Overnight Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
serves 2
1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
½ cup oatmeal
½ cup milk
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 banana
½ tsp cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together in a container with a lid. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy your fast and easy breakfast the next morning.


095
I had trouble thinking of a zucchini bread craft project, so I will just have to show you this one. It is an end of the year thank you card for Harper's violin teacher. She just had her recital last week, and did great.

As an end note, graduation went great last night. I am officially a college student!

No comments:

Post a Comment