Sunday, May 19, 2013

Strawberry Banana Pancakes

When I fist made these pancakes, I was really scared that they would turn out like the red, white, and blue pancakes I made for the United States' breakfast of the world. They were gummy, and did not cook well at all because I put too much pureed fruit into them. The strawberry banana pancakes I am giving you today did not have that issue at all. They were so good! The strawberry and banana flavors really pop out at you, and the texture does not resemble mush like my red, white, and blue pancakes.
Pinned Image


Strawberry Banana Pancakes
makes 8-10
¾ cup flour
1 egg
½ cup milk
1 banana
¾ cup strawberries
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt

Blend together the strawberries, milk, egg, and banana. In a separate bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add the strawberry banana mixture, oil, and vanilla. Whisk it all together. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium low heat. Scoop out the batter onto the pan and cook each side until lightly browned.
 
Pinned Image
 
Here is a nice summery card. The combination of pink and brown really goes together well here. I love how the ribbon's polka dots are mirrored by the banner of buttons at the top. It is just an idea for a nice surprise message for someone you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment