Monday, May 27, 2013

Father's Day Coat and Vest Card

Today is day 15 during my parade of pancakes. I hope you have enjoyed all of the delicious pancake recipes so far. Today's pancakes are pecan spice. They are filled with pecans that have been toasted to perfection and aromatic spices. Then they are topped with even more pecans. These would be great with warm maple syrup too. Mmmm.... I think I'll have to go make some more.
Pecan Spice Pancakes (5)















Pecan Spice Pancakes
¼ cup pecans
½ cup milk
1 egg
½ cup flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp apple pie spice
½ tsp baking powder
dash of salt

Toast the pecans in a pan over medium heat until aromatic and lightly browned. Chop them up and set them aside to cool. Whisk together all the remaining ingredients. Stir in the pecans. Preheat a nonstick pan over medium low heat. Scoop a few tbsp of batter over the top. Cook each side until lightly browned.

021
This card was super fun, if not a little difficult, to make. Now that I am done with school, I am up for the challenge. Expect more complex and intricate cards in the near future. I found the tutorial for this card here. I changed up a few things like making a bow tie and not to include the magnets or pocket watch to make it my own. I plan to give it to my dad for Father's Day.
022
Here is a view with the coat open. You can fold down the front of the shirt and vest (underneath the collar) to get to the part where you write the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment