Friday, May 17, 2013

Blueberry Banana Pancake


I felt bad about totally trashing blueberry pancakes in yesterday's post. They may be simple and standard, but sometimes it is nice to just stick with the classics. Today's pancake is a banana blueberry one complete with extra blueberries on top.
blueberry banana pancake (8) by Decorated11

Don't they just look delicious? They make even the most ardent blueberry haters (like myself) fall in love with them.

Pinned Image

Blueberry Banana Pancakes
1 medium banana
¾ cup milk
¾ cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 egg
¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Blend all the ingredients together except for the blueberries. Stir in the blueberries. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium low heat. Scoop out a few tbsp of the batter onto the pan and cook until the top starts to bubble and the bottom is dry. Flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. Enjoy warm.
Pinned Image
I was in a creative mood this morning, and this was the result. Who said that you couldn't play with your food? I made my initials and a pancake man. My inspiration came from Ma Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie. It was my favorite book when I was little, and now I am reading it to Harper. Ma made Laura and Mary pancake people, so I decided I would try it out myself. It is harder than it looks, especially if there are chunky blueberries in the batter.


Pinned Image
Even though I am out of school, Sydney and Harper still have a couple of weeks left. The end of the year is coming up soon, and I made Harper's kindergarten teacher this card. She is a Stampin' Up consultant, so I was a little intimidated. Hopefully the card will be up to her standards.
Pinned Image

This has nothing to do with blueberry pancakes or teachers' cards, but here is a yummy pizza recipe that I made for family pizza night. It is a cauliflower, cheese, and parsley pizza on top of my whole wheat pizza crust.
 
Pinned Image
 
Cauliflower Pizza

For the sauce:
1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
 
For the pizza:

2 tbsp parsley
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped cauliflower florets
1 tsp Italian seasoning
 
Microwave 1 cup of frozen cauliflower for 45 seconds. Blend the garlic and milk with the cauliflower. Roll out the pizza dough on a large stone. Spread the cauliflower sauce on top. Add the other toppings. Bake at 400 degrees until the crust is golden and the cheese is browned.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment