Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Better than IHOP

Today was my very last day of high school. It is crazy to think about. I cannot believe it is over. Anyway, the top ten in our class were treated to breakfast at IHOP. I had only been to IHOP once before with my grandparents, and I was only six or seven. I was surprised at how large their menu was. (You can by steak and salad there. But I don't advise it.) My friend Augustine who is salutatorian (I'm the valedictorian) ordered what she thought were chocolate chip pancakes. When they came out, she discovered that she had actually ordered chocolate chocolate chip pancakes. They put chocolate chips inside the chocolate pancakes. I knew at once that I needed to try it.

And I sure am glad that I did.

Pinned Image
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 cup flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp sugar
½ cup milk
1 egg
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup chocolate chips

Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk in the egg, milk, oil, vanilla, and applesauce until there are no more lumps. Add the chocolate chips. Preheat a nonstick pancake pan to medium low heat. Scoop out the batter onto the pan and cook each side until lightly browned.

Pinned Image
I enjoyed handing out all the graduation cards today. I wish there had been more time to see the recipients' reactions. I was too busy taking my calculus exam that took four periods and cleaning up the dissected cats from anatomy. (Trust me, the title of Valedictorian is not worth all the work at all. I should have stuck with the easy classes and had more fun.) To sum it all up, my advice to you is to relax, have fun making and distributing graduation cards, and never to order steak at IHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment