Saturday, April 20, 2013

White Bean Brownie Muffins

Is is a brownie or is it a muffin?

I'm not really sure, so I stuck them both in the name. One thing I am sure of is that these brownie/ muffins are made out of beans.

And you cannot even taste them.

Don't believe me? Try the recipe out for yourself and see. I like mine slightly gooey in the center, but they are good cooked all the way through too. They make for a delicious treat.

Want more brownie recipes involving beans? (I find them to be a good way to use up extra beans.) Try my bean brownies, black bean brownie dip, or German chocolate chickpea brownies.

 Pinned Image
 
 
White Bean Brownie Muffins
makes 18
1- 15 ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
2/3 cup apple sauce
1 cup pitted dates
2 ounces baker’s chocolate
2/3 cup cocoa powder
½ cup oatmeal
3 eggs
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sugar
 
Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Add everything to a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined. Spray a muffin tin and fill the cups ¾ way full with the batter. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes, or 12 for extra gooey muffins. Remove the muffins from the pans and allow to cool.

Pinned Image
This graduation card strays from your typical serious and dark one. I think it is kind of fun. We're teenagers, after all. Graduation is fun. It isn't all about the ties and diplomas. I think polka dots enhance any event. Do you agree, or do you prefer the more serious graduation cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment