Monday, April 8, 2013

The End is Near

I only have 25 days of school left until I graduate. That's crazy to think about. It's exciting/ scary/ unbelievable. I mean, I have been in school since I was five years old. It is about to end for good. I am going to college, so it won't be quite as strange for me as it will be for some of my friends who are going to get a job straight out of high school. It is still different. I take two post secondary classes at a local college, and it is nothing like high school. It does not really even feel like school at all. (I don't even have to ask permission to go to the bathroom!)
I go to a small Christian school right now, and I will be going to a medium sized Christian college in the fall. Because my school is so small, we all know each other really well. That means I have the opportunity (and obligation) to make everyone a graduation card. I have started fairly early as to not overwhelm myself. I want to give everyone a little something to remember me by. Here is a graduation card that I made from a super cool die cut.
 
Since college is coming up, and I will no longer be living with my family, I think this recipe is quite appropriate. The college I am going to has a kitchen in every dorm, but I won't have my family to gobble up all my creations. This waffle recipe solves that predicament. It's single serving banana waffles! The recipe makes the waffle pictured above plus the little guy below. It's perfect for one person, and it doesn't require many ingredients.
I'm not sure if I will have a waffle iron in college or not. (I do not make waffles all that often, but one of my roommates might bring one.) If I do, I think I want one like my mom's. It makes cute little heart shaped waffles. They are perfect for breaking apart and playing with.
 
Who said you can't play with your food?
Cinnamon Banana Waffles for One
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 banana
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
 
Beat the egg and banana together. Stir in the oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. If you want your waffles to be slightly crunchy, go ahead and cook them. If you want softer waffles, allow the oats to soak in the banana and egg mixture for 15 minutes. Preheat your waffle iron to medium low heat. Scoop out about 3 tbsp of batter and cook according to your waffle iron's instructions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment