Wednesday, April 17, 2013

strawberry bread pudding

I think that it should be illegal to have school on sunny days. Especially since they only come around about once a year here in Ohio. Anyway, there are only 19 more days of being cooped up left! (That is, until I go to college or get a job.)

I'm sure you're all sick of hearing me rant against the weather, high school, and how people nowadays just don't appreciate homemade gifts. I'll get on with the card and recipe.


Pinned Image

Strawberry Bread Pudding
4 eggs
1 cup orange juice
1 tbsp strawberry syrup
1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup strawberry jelly
½ loaf cubed Italian bread
½ cup sugar
½ cup halved strawberries.

Line the bottom of a baking stone with the bread and strawberries. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk, orange juice, sugar, jelly, and strawberry syrup together. Pour the mixture over the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Allow the stone to come to room temperature before baking at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until the eggs have set.

Pinned Image
Here's a simple "thank you" card. (The stamp says thank you, thank you, thank you over and over again. I am not making too many thank you cards in anticipation of my graduation, but hopefully at least one person will give me something that warrants a thank you note. If not, I'll just send out "thanks for nothing" cards. How sassy would that be?

Just a note: I don't expect or need anything for graduation. I'm just joking. Also, I go to just about the best high school on earth, so I have no room to complain. I just like to complain, and this is my blog. You'll just have to put up with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment