Saturday, April 6, 2013

Personalize it!

I mentioned the other day that Harper's 6th birthday was last Monday. She had a huge party at Chuck E Cheese's with a ton of kids. Just about every gift that she got was either Hello Kitty, arts and crafts, or Hello Kitty arts and crafts. That combined with all the craft stuff she got for Easter has left her with more crafts than she knows what to do with. Below is a cute craft project that her friend Ellen gave her.
 
The gift from Ellen included fabric glue, gems, and a white T-shirt. Harper had so much fun gluing down the gems to make her own personalized shirt. I thought it was a super cute idea. This is how it turned out. (She did this without any help at all. I was so proud.)
The next subject of today's post is just as fun to decorate as the first. You can personalize it to meet your tastes/ pantry. It's breakfast pizza! 
Mini Breakfast Pizzas
makes 4
¼ cup wheat germ
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick oats
1 egg
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup applesauce
1 tbsp oil
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup sugar
toppings: yogurt, cream cheese, fruit, chocolate chips, ect.
 Mix all the dry ingredients together. Beat the egg, applesauce, and oil in a separate bowl. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together. Divide the dough into four pieces. Spray four ramekins very well with cooking spray. Press one of the pieces of dough down into each one. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Allow the pizzas to cool before spreading them with yogurt or cream cheese and whatever toppings you want.
I chose to top my "pizza" with yogurt and strawberries. Other ideas are cream cheese and blueberries, yogurt and chocolate chips, cottage cheese and apple slices... The list is endless. Let your imagination go wild..
Here is a birthday present card. I made the layers of the gift out of matching patterned paper. My ribbon even has the same polka dot pattern. I think I will do something similar to this again, but next time I'll make it a triple layered cake.
 
I hope this post has inspired you to show your creative side. Good luck creating your own masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment