Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dutch Cocoa Pillow Cookies

The title of this post gives away the next clue to my big surprise. It's Dutch Cocoa Pillow Cookies. These cookies are more like little cakes that bake up in the oven in only ten minutes. I am trying to get all my baking done before it gets too warm out. Today was nice, but it is supposed to be cold and rainy again tomorrow. At least I was able to get my garden planted this afternoon. I planted cilantro, carrots, and okra. This is a big scale back from last year when I planted broccoli, spinach, lettuce, peas, okra, red bell peppers, parsley, carrots, and tomatoes. After my awful experience with cabbage worms in my broccoli, I will not be growing it any more. The lettuce and spinach did not go so well either. Hopefully this year my simple garden will yield a better harvest.


Pinned Image
Dutch Cocoa Pillow Cookies
makes 30
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder
1 cup flour
6 tbsp milk
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt together. Add the yogurt, milk, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir until everything is well combined. Add in the apple cider vinegar and immediately scoop 1 tablespoonful balls of the dough onto a baking stone. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Pinned Image
I love the black and red color combo even if it's the school colors of our rival school. (I'm not really into sports anyway.) The ribbon is a sticker that I just stuck onto a black oval. The rest is pretty self explanatory....

No comments:

Post a Comment