Thursday, April 11, 2013

Buttons, Ribbons, and Stamps

I always get excited when I have the opportunity to look through different buttons, ribbons, and stamps. It may seem weird, but JoAnne's creates the same amount of excitement in me as the Football Hall of Fame does to the most die-hard football fan. I get so inspired just by looking at the different patterns and colors. I really hope that this blog can be an inspiration to others.
 
Pinned Image
Today's card utilizes all three of the card making tools that I mentioned above. I made a border on the top with buttons, spruced up the middle with patterned ribbon, and stamped a sentiment onto a rectangle of paper for the center.
 
And on a completely different note...
 
 
This recipe has nothing to do with buttons, ribbons, or stamps, but it is a great treat after a long day of card making. Small, easy, and delicious, this mini banana pie is perfect for two. I made it in a Pampered Chef small round baker. I love that thing. It makes making smaller portioned treats so much easier.
 

Mini Banana Pie

almond pie crust (recipe follows)

1 overripe banana

¼ cup milk

1 egg

¼ cup sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a ramekin and press the pie shell into it. Bake for 10 minutes before pouring in the filling. Blend the banana, milk, sugar, and egg together. Pour this over the baked pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees an additional 35-40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.

Pinned Image

Almond Pie Crust

¼ cup almonds

½ cup oatmeal

1 tsp coconut oil

1-2 tbsp milk

1 tbsp maple syrup

Blend the oats and almonds together into a flour. Mix in the oil, syrup, and milk until it comes together, but is not too sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment