Sunday, March 3, 2013

White Bean Tacos


I've never had a taco made out of beans before, but I kind of wanted to try it. It's probably not your typical bean taco, but it was pretty good. Nothing can beat my mom's chicken tacos and ground beef is just classic, but if you ever find yourself craving tacos and out of meat, these tacos are great.


004


White Bean Tacos
2 cups cooked navy beans
1/4 cup shopped onions
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash of ground cayenne pepper
1/4 cup water
12 taco shells
oil
toppings: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, ect.

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a pan over medium heat saute the onions in a little oil. Once they are lightly browned, add your beans, water, and seasonings. Stir continuously until everything is well combined and the water has evaporated. Distribute the beans amongst the taco shells, place the filled tacos on a baking stone, and bake for 4 minutes. Add your toppings and enjoy.

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

My friend Braxton celebrated her 18th birthday yesterday. I made her a gift basked with a bunch of bath stuff and a matching card. When I saw the zebra print tissue paper and hot pink basket, I got super excited. I had been wondering what to do with the zebra print paper. It matched perfectly. I filled the basket with lip gloss, bath wash, a foot scrubber/ brush thing, bath salts, and other girly bath supplies. I hope she can put it to good use.
009

No comments:

Post a Comment