Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sweet Pasta

I have two important announcements to make. #1 is that I have started on a new project. It is not quite as complex as my last one, and will not take up quite so much time. It is still pretty cool, and I hope to post on it soon. Your only hint to what it may be is that it is a craft, not a series of recipes.

My second announcement is that pasta is no longer a strictly savory dish. I have broken all food laws and parameters to bring you a cinnamon banana pasta recipe. Before getting completely grossed out, I want to assure you that it is really good. The banana and milk give the sauce a thick and creamy texture, while the cinnamon spices it up. Who would have known that bananas and pasta tasted so great together? Much like chocolate rice, this recipe is not something you would normally think up, but will love.

Pinned Image

Cinnamon Banana Pasta

3 ounces fresh spaghetti

1 ripe banana

1.5 tsp cinnamon

1 tbsp sugar

½ cup milk

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 5 minutes and drain. Set aside. Put the banana, milk, cinnamon, and sugar into a pot heated to medium heat. Mix well, mashing the banana up. Cook until it comes to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and add the pasta. Cook for another 2 minutes. Serve warm.

 

Pinned Image

I made this card for my sister who was also in the play. She was just chorus, but loved every minute of being onstage. She also had the opportunity to be the prop manager. Over the past few weeks a lot of random things have gone missing around the house. After seeing the play, we now know where everything went. :) Anyway, she did a great job, and definitely earned this card and Twix bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment