Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Miniterm

This week is miniterm at my school. The whole week is dedicated to doing a special extra curricular activity. Freshmen year I made posters for teachers, sophomore year I went white water rafting, and last year I went to DC. Some miniterms are a bit extravagant like Disney, New York, or Hawaii. This year I wanted to go on the senior mission trip to Kentucky, but I could not because of post secondary. (I'd miss five classes and 2 exams.) I chose the second best thing on the list- Scripting, Stamping, and Scrapbooking. A whole week devoted to making scrapbooks, cards, and learning calligraphy. Amazing!

The first day we learned calligraphy. I was so excited to learn it. Now my cards will have nice handwritten messages instead of sloppy ones. The second day was card making. My teacher taught us a few techniques, and then we had free reign. Everyone donated cards to the Ronald McDonald House. Some of the girls got bored, but I worked at it all day. Today we scrapbooked, and tomorrow we are going to a scrapbooking store to do some more. I won't be able to go on Friday because I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed. They will be making a scrapbook for a family at my school who lost their son earlier this year.

Here is a sample of the cards I made. These are the ones that my teacher taught us designs for.
                                                                                                                   
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image


Below is a yummy recipe for strawberry overnight oatmeal. This stuff is the best, especially with fresh strawberries. It's a great way to celebrate the first day of spring. (Although you wouldn't be able to tell it was spring with the truckload of snow we're getting.)

Pinned Image

Strawberry Overnight Oats
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cut up strawberries

Mix all the ingredients up really well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment