Monday, March 25, 2013

Life out of a blender: Day 3

Can I just give a shout out of thanks to my amazing blender? I would have starved to death these past couple of days without it, and the way my jaw is feeling, I'll need it for a couple of more days. I have found that you can toss just about anything into a Ninja blender to make a meal. Trust me- I've tried some pretty crazy combinations. My poor family has had to deal with the noisy thing constantly running. They have been so good to me these past few days. My mom bought me Martha Stewart, Sudoku, and a couple of other magazines to read, went to the library for me, and got a ton of smoothie stuff at the store. She has even dealt with all my dishes. Most impressively, she willingly stuck her hands into my mouth that first day to pull out my bloody gauze. The woman is amazing.

Anyway, here are a few more smooth and creamy recipes. I'm getting a little sick of all the fruit and could go for some chips, but other than that have no complaints. My mom has hooked me up with some yummy ingredients.


Pinned Image
Choco-Rasp-Cream
1/2 cup oat pulp (from making oatmilk), or 1/2 cup oatmeal soaked in water overnight
½ cup frozen raspberries
2 tbsp cocoa powder

Blend the ingredients together until creamy. Enjoy your chocolaty treat!


Pinned Image
Cilantro Pesto Broccoli Soup
serves 2
1 package frozen broccoli
1 cup chicken broth
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup pine nuts
½ cup grated Monterey jack cheese
¼ cup fresh cilantro, washed

Cook the broccoli according to the directions on the package. Blend all the ingredients together until creamy. Pour the soup into a pot. Bring it to a low boil over medium high heat. Remove from the heat and serve with additional cheese.



Pinned Image
Snickerdoodle Pudding
2 cups oatmilk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp cream of tartar
¾ cup sugar
5 tbsp cornstarch

 Whisk all the ingredients together in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for two minute intervals, whisking every two minutes to prevent clumps. Repeat this process four times, or until the mixture is thick. (Watch it to make sure it doesn’t explode while microwaving.) Pour into individual pudding cups and refrigerate until cold.



Pinned Image



This bunny is made from a recycled toilet paper roll. You can do so many things with them, but most people just toss them once they run out of toilet paper. I don't get it. Toilet paper free toilet paper rolls have so much potential. I plan to stuff this bunny with Easter candy for Harper. I made a little handle for it and everything. Click to see a better picture of my toilet paper roll bunny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment