Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone had a great day. Ours began at 6:45 with an excited Harper and a not-so-thrilled-to-be-up Sydney. We got to see what the Easter bunny left us, had a two minute egg hunt in the living room, and then had to get ready for church. (Sydney went back to bed until just before we had to leave.)
 
Here are the cards I gave my parents for Easter.
 
This was my dad's card. I cut out Easter related stamps and stuck them onto squares of cardstock. I debated coloring them in, but liked the black& white look too much.
Here's a SUPER big card for my mom. You can't tell by the picture, but this used an entire 12X12 piece of cardstock. The punch out letters I had were too big to make a smaller card. My mom liked how they were "hatching" out of their eggs.
 
Below are two more smoothies. I'm sure you are completely tired of smoothie posts by now. I know I'm tired of eating them. I did manage to chew hard boiled eggs without too much lasting damage. (My teeth only bled a little. What is up with that? It's been a week and a half.) Anyway, both of these smoothies have carrots for the Easter theme.
Peanut Butter, Apple, and Carrot Smoothie
1 apple, cored
2 carrots, peeled
½ banana
¾ cup milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup oatmeal
In a microwave safe bowl, cover the carrots with one inch of water. Microwave for 4 minutes. Pour off the hot water and rinse the carrots under cold water until they are cool. Add everything to a blender and blend until creamy.
This smoothie may not look so appetizing, but it has two vegetables in it and a fruit. The ginger gives it a unique twist to your regular fruit smoothie. I'm getting more creative.
 
Ginger Carrot Smoothie
¼ tsp ground ginger
¾ cup water
1 apple, cubed
2 carrots, peeled
1 cup lettuce
ice, as needed
Place the peeled carrots in a microwaveable bowl. Cover with 1 inch of water and microwave for four minutes. Rinse the carrots under cold water until they cool. Combined everything into a blender. Blend until creamy.
 
This is a box that I recycled. I'm going to use it to transfer Easter treats to my friends at school on Tuesday.
I traced this out of a Stampin Up magazine. It was too cute to resist.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment