Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Today is my parents' 22nd anniversary. I'm proud of them for staying together for so long. A lot of kids my age can't say that their parents are still married. That's just really sad to me. Anyway, I thought that the whole "Mike+Kim= Chandler, Sydney, and Harper" was a cute idea. I put our names inside little cut out hearts, but only put the first letter of mom and dad's inside of a heart. I made this a couple of weeks back, and have had the hardest time keeping it a secret. I couldn't post it, nor could I show my mom. Finally I got to give it to her this morning while she was on the phone with my dad. He has to take a business trip to China every year on their anniversary, so he isn't here to celebrate. That's probably a good thing this year because we're all sick. Mom has gotten to spend her anniversary cleaning up puked on sheets and making chicken noodle soup. I think the words "I do" should come with a warning label. Click to see the card.


Pinned Image

The following recipe is for green chicken parmesan. I make this when my family has regular chicken parmesan because I am allergic to the tomato sauce. If you are adverse to broccoli, you can go ahead and use the tomato sauce in its place. It's the same recipe.


Pinned Image
 
Green Chicken Parmesan
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg white
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
pinch of salt
4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
broccoli puree

Put the chicken breasts into a plastic bag and pound them out until they are thin. They should be about 1/4 inch thick all over. Place the egg white in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the parmesan cheese, salt, panko bread crumbs, and Italian seasonings. Dip each of the chicken breasts into the egg white and then in the bread crumb mixture to coat them. Place the chicken into a baking dish with sides. Pour the broccoli puree over top. Place two slices of mozzarella cheese over each of the chicken breasts. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve over spaghetti or spinach.



 






No comments:

Post a Comment