Friday, March 8, 2013

Christmas Shadow Box

I have been wanting to make a shadow box for quite some time, but I didn't have the right supplies to do so. Then Harper got Dad some cologne for Christmas, and it came in a box perfect of making a shadow box. The only problem was that it was Christmas patterned. Not wanting to wait a whole year to do my craft, I went ahead and made a Christmas shadow box. I know that it's only March, but it's never too early to start preparing for Christmas.


Pinned Image

I think I'll give the shadow box to my mom. (Unless she sees it on my blog. She doesn't normally read my blog, but occasionally she will get on. Hopefully this is not a post she looks at.) Anyway, I used this year's Christmas card picture and some cute stickers and accessories to make it. I think it turned out pretty well for my first shot. I only wish that it didn't have a huge 'Ralph Lauren' logo across the side.



Below is a recipe for yummy oatmeal raisin bread. This stuff is great. I always think oatmeal enhances the flavor and texture of baked goods.




Pinned Image

Oatmeal Raisin Bread
makes one mini loaf
¾ cup oat flour
¼ cup oatmeal
½ cup warm water
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp yeast
1 egg white
2 tbsp apple sauce
¼ cup wheat germ
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vital what gluten (optional)
a handful of raisins

 Mix the yeast and warm water together with the honey. Add all the other ingredients, and stir well. Let it sit for 1 hour to rise. Pour into an oiled mini loaf pan and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Wait 10 minutes after taking it out of the oven before removing it from the pan.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment