Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Veggie Juice and Easter Cards

I made some homemade juice the other day. My mom won a juicer a year or two ago, but we never use it. It's a pain to clean and makes a mess, but I still had fun playing around with it. One of my concoctions was a carrot and celery juice. My dad had celery juice on his honeymoon, and was raving about it. I decided to try some for myself, but found an unsubstantial amount of celery in the fridge. I Bulked it up with some carrots to make more juice. Then I made a smoothie because that's basically all I can eat right now. Hopefully tomorrow my mouth will be better. I look like the Hulk. My entire face is green and bruised. One good thing, though, is that I'm feeling better. My mom took me out for frozen yogurt at this new place called SweetFrog. The "Frog" part stands for Fully Rely On God. It was a cute place with soft serve yogurt and toppings. It was nice to get out of the house for the first time all of spring break.

Pinned Image


Carrot- Celery Juice
4 medium carrots
2 stalks celery

Wash the veggies. Put them into a juicer and run it until juice stops coming out. It makes about one cup.



Pinned Image

Banana Celery- Carrot Smoothie
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 large frozen banana
½ cup carrot-celery juice

Blend the ingredients together. Enjoy!


Pinned Image


Here are two more Easter cards. The first one was made by cutting out white ovals for the eggs and stamping them to create the fading flower look. The second card's chicks were made out of 4 cut out yellow circles and one white one. Super simple and super cute.

Pinned Image




Click to see the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment