Monday, March 18, 2013

Back to normal colored food....

Now that Saint Patrick's Day is over, I think I'll take a break from all the green food. It was getting a bit, well, weird. Today's recipe is for chocolate muffin tops, and I was sure to keep them the standard chocolate color. (Your welcome.)
Pinned Image

My professor talked about muffin tops the other day. He said that cars only utilize the muffin top because they only use the hottest heat. He did not fail to mention that no one really likes muffin bottoms anyway. It took him a degree in physics to discover it, but he hit home with that statement. Why waste your time eating muffin bottoms when you could just eat the tops? You can thank me for making this recipe. It will save you a lot of time spent on cutting the tops off all of your muffins. You can better take advantage of that time by doing something more productive like devouring more muffins. (Then you can have a muffin top in the other sense too.)

chocolate muffin top






Chocolate muffin tops
makes 10-12
1 c. flour
1 c. oatmeal
1/4 cup oil
1 cup frozen and then slightly thawed apple sauce
3/4 cup sugar
½ cup chocolate milk
½ cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt

Stir dry ingredients. Mix in the oil and milk. Finally, stir in the slightly thawed applesauce, breaking up the big chunks. Microwave individually 45 seconds or bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Pinned Image
This weekend I really got into sculpting with polymer clay. That stuff is so fun! It's been awhile since I made stuff out of clay, so I'm a bit rusty. Here is one of my finished products. I stuffed it with tin foil to decrease baking time and wasted clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment