Friday, March 1, 2013

A Surprising Truth



I used to not like bananas. Shocking, right? I now eat bananas religiously, but a few years ago I would have not put a banana within three feet of my face. It was actually my sister, Sydney, who used to like them. Now she abhorrs them, and I love them.
 
I think my previous banana adversity was a result of only having eaten hard, green bananas or bananas made into nasty banana bread. Then one day I took a risk and ate a overripe banana for the first time. Yum! I think I like the texture more than the taste (bananas can be a little sweet), but either way, they are good. You can do practically anything with them too. One of my favorite ways to use up bananas is by making bananacream. I've posted about this many times before. I could probably have a whole blog devoted to different flavors of bananacream. Here are two more recipes:


Pinned Image
Almond Bananacream
1/3 cup whole roasted almonds
1 frozen banana
Blend the almonds until they make a flour. Add the banana and blend until well combined. Top with cinnamon.

 
 Pinned Image

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bananacream
1 frozen banana
2 tbsp raisins
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup oatmeal
2 tbsp water

Microwave the water and raisins together until boiling. Blend the oatmeal and then blend the raisins and cinnamon with the oats. Finally, cut up the frozen banana and blend it with everything. 

Pinned Image 
Here's a cute spring card made by cutting out a bunch of circles, folding in half, and connecting the halves to form a hemisphere. I used the hemisphere as the center of my flower. Click to see the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment