Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Most Magical Card on Earth

Disney is definitely the most magical place on Earth. My family and I LOVE it. I'm pretty convinced my dad would move into the Contemporary if he could. I would too. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I have been to Disney World 14 times and Hong Kong Disneyland once. I was supposed to go again this year with band, but I had to drop out to be able to take post secondary classes. (Bummer....) Lately Harper has been begging to go visit Mickey Mouse. She is convinced my mom is going to take her if she practices her violin every day. I don't foresee it happening, but she can always dream.

With so much Disney on my mind, I thought a Disney card would be perfect. It was kind of nostalgic to make, actually, because it brought back happy memories of Disney trips. My friend just went to Disney last month for her sister's 16th birthday. She went to the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian resort and saw the huge chocolate sculpture of Lilo and Stitch. Sydney and I watched the master Disney craftsmen carve it back when we were really little. That's some old chocolate.

Anyway, here is the card and some pictures from Disney trips. I couldn't find any with Harper in them. She has only been twice. The pictures of her and the princesses when she was a baby are so cute.
Pinned Image

I made the mouse ears into balloons, and spent forever cutting out little stars for the confetti. It was worth it.



100_0799










This picture is from 2005. I was about 9, and Syd had just turned 7. It was actually her birthday when we went.


100_0327




Sydeny, Harper, and I all love the Runaway Mine Train ride. This picture was taken during a firework show, so no one was on the rides. We got to stay on two or three times without having to get off to stand in line. It was great, and I was pumped.



100_1514





My favorite Disney trip was after 5th grade. My mom woke Syd, me, and our best friends, Melanie and Bethanie, up super early, loaded us up in the van, and drove us down to Florida. It was an eight hour drive, but it felt super short. We had no idea where we were going, and every single one of us was thrilled when we ended up in Disney. (My dad was already down there on a business trip.) It was the best vacation ever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment