Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Hummus Dip with Homemade Crackers and Dog Ornaments

I had all this leftover hummus from when I made hummus bi tahina. I thought my mom would eat it because she loves hummus, but she hasn't been home for lunch. There was a ton of 1" thick deli meas turkey. (It was a really thick slice my mom got for some ring she made.) You could also use turkey breast you'll have leftover from your upcoming Thanksgiving feast.
 
 
Turkey Hummus Dip
makes 3/4 cup
4 ounces white meat turkey
1/3 cup hummus
 
Chop up the turkey into really small pieces. Mix it in with the hummus and refrigerate.

Easy Crackers
1/2 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
2-3 tbsp cold water
 
Mix all the ingredients together to form a hard dough. Using a pasta machine, roll the dough out to the 2nd or 3rd level of thickness. Place the rolled out sheet of dough on a floured surface and cut into squares. Place them 1/4 an inch apart on a baking stone. Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
 
 
These are kind of cheesy, but they might (emphasis on might) make the animal lover in your life happy. Or they'll cringe in fear at the dogs strung up on the tree. To make them, I cut a 2 cm piece of wire, folded it in half, and hot glued it to the back of a plastic dog. Then I looped string through the hole in the wire and ties it. Easy as pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment