Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ginger Millet Porridge

Equatorial Guinea is the wealthiest per capita country in Africa. It's the only country in Africa with Spanish as its official language. 93% of the population is Christian. All of these things being said, I was surprised to find that Equatorial Guinea has hardly any human rights. For such a small country, its people are not treated very well at all.

My millet porridge this morning had a great texture. I have an awful sinus infection, so I didn't get to taste one bite of it. It kind of felt like grits in my mouth. (That sounds weird, but it's true.) I didn't have millet flour, so I just ground up whole millet in out Ninja blender. It worked perfectly.


GINGER MILLET PORRIDGE

1/2 c. millet flour
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 c. water
3/4 c. milk

Combine the ginger, millet flour, and water in a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together. Pour the mixture into a pot and heat. Add the milk. Stir until it becomes thick. (It looks like grits.) Top with cinnamon or cinnamon sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment